http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Walk Week

So this week was super fun... okay for those missionaries out there that don't have a car or bikes, holy cow you are amazing! This was my first week in the mission without being able to ride my bike (because my comp. fell a few months ago and fractured her arms so she cant ride bikes till the end of December) and it was a killer! I solute those missionaries that are on their feet all day long. It was so tiring! haha ;) Its just hard to get to all the appointments and be from one end of town to the other and it was a bit stressful. and cold. but now that I am done complaining, we found a lot of new investigators and a lot of families that we will be able to teach :) so that was exciting. God must've known that I was complaining about bike weeks to much so he gave me an even harder trial so that I will appreciate bike weeks ;) 

But besides that we have been working hard and knocking a TON of doors and just trying to find those that are prepared to come unto the waters of baptism :) One night I was getting discouraged (I know I should'nt do that) but it was late at night and it was cold and we had been walking all day long and I was like, man, I wish we could just meet some super cool people to talk to and stay warm and I didn't know where we were going to go and I was just praying to Heavenly Father and asking him to help me have a better attitude and be warm and to find some people and guess what? He answers prayers! Haha ;) Hna. Leal pulled up right after and said "quiere un ride?" and of course we said sure! So we went and tried a lady that I didn't think was going to be home but it is where I thought we should go and we found her home and she let us in and it was warm and she was so sweet to us. and then after that Hna. Leal pointed us to a different direction and said that there used to be Hispanics over there so we went walking over there and we found this other really cool guy who really listened to us and told us to come back the next day :) it was awesome. 

The next day during studies I was reading in Alma 26:27 "Now when we our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." Now I know that my afflictions are not near what those of the great missionaries from the Book of Mormon, but God will always knows when we are about to turn back and is always willing to comfort us during those times if we humble ourselves and turn unto Him. 

Well I hope y'all had a good Halloween. I don't know about y'all but I dressed up as a missionary ;) And I don't know if you have ever heard about maple bacon cookies but they are pretty good ;) and a funny quote for the day... I have always wondered what people said or think after we leave an appointment with them and I definitely found out this week. after we left trying to visit with one of our return appointments, I don't think they realized that their window was open and they said "I thought you said they were good looking." It was pretty hilarious. Well I love y'all and hope you have a great week :)

This guy was super cool (the Elder to the right of me - he is new and just got in the mission 2 weeks ago) and decided to buy us all chicken nuggets from McDonalds after District Meeting because he had extra money left on MSF. I don't think he realized how valuable that is but we were all grateful. He bought 10 packs of 10 nuggets. It was awesome. :)

Eating at McDonalds after District Meeting. Sister Stevens got cut out. :(

Had to say goodbye to this girl. Going to miss sweet Kerianne, She moved to South Carolina.

Happy Halloween! This cute girl decided to dress up as a "sisternary". It was super cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment