http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

God Will Lead Us!

This week was pretty exciting :) Sis. Stevens and I worked real hard and taugh a butt load of lessons and found lots of new people to teach. 

We didn't have any baptism dates though but we kept praying for them and kept working diligently so that we could set a date so that we can fulfill our purpose and help someone come closer to their Savior Jesus Christ by learning how his Gospel has been restored and how they can be baptized by the restored priesthood authority. Well, yesterday, we were about to head to dinner and sis. Stevens said "Lets go try the referral that the Elders gave us before it gets dark. So we met the referral and on the way up to their door there was a lady sitting outside on a chair in a parking lot across from the house we were contacting and we waved and said hi and then after we talked to the referral I knew we had to go and talk to her. She said, "That's funny that y'all would come up and talk to me today. I was wanting to go to church today but didn't have any friends to go with." We told her that she was always welcome to come to our church and that we have friends we want to introduce her to. We also told her what we do as missionaries and we started talking about the Book of Mormon and she had awesome questions and was like, "Who wrote the Book of Mormon?" So we explained that it was written by prophets anciently in the Americas but we didn't have one in English with us at the time but we set up a time to come back. She was so sweet. Her name is Ashley and she is in her 20's and then she gave us a hug and said she was so glad that we stopped by to share this message with her. I then asked her if when she knew that our message was true, if she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by the priesthood authority of God? and guess what? She said yes! And then guess what happened? I said, well we will be having a baptismal service on Nov. 29th will you be baptized on that date? And she said yes! I will! How cool is that? First time meeting her and looking back on it all I know that it was God leading us to someone that was prepared to act on our message. Prayer works! Although sometimes it seems like we pray for a long time for something and we sometimes feel like the answer is never going to come but if we don't give up, God will answer us in His timing always! And he will always help us know what to say and how to say it. I know this gospel is true and I love being a missionary :)

And one more super cool story. So Sis. Stevens and I were on our way back from dinner with Sis. Ashley and she suddenly turned onto a random street and said, we need to go contact the referral in London. And as soon as she said that, I got this feeling that that is exactly where we needed to be. The Holy Ghost told her and told me too after she told me :) it was super cool. So we went and met the Connors. They are so sweet! Their son is a convert and their grandson is on a mission. She reads his emails every week and she really has learned so much of the gospel through him. She showed us her Book of Mormon with her whole sons families testimonies in it. This family is awesome and they are going to get baptized! God has prepared them and guided us to them so that they can be baptized and be sealed to their family for eternity. Isn't the gospel so cool? :) I am so excited to continue teaching them and helping them recognize answers to their prayers.

Well the rest of the week was pretty normal. Sis. Stevens and I got asked in English relief society to sing a primary song that went along with the lesson. I had never heard the song before so that was a bit interesting, and then we got told by Hna. Sorto that it was the missionaries turn to sing in Sacrament meeting. So we sang "Las familias pueden ser eternas" acapella. It was good :) I love sharing talents and singing! Other than that, it was a normal missionary week. 

Love y'all :)

Hermana Goudie

P.S. And I forgot to mention that sis. Peterson who told us that she had been thinking of the Connors who she had met with Sis. Warner called us and told us to go and see the Connors. Dont you love missionary team work? 

Family Home Evening with Malmburgs :) Branson had to stick of piece of gum (that he got from me... oops... I didn't know this is what he had to do with it otherwise I wouldn't have given it to him) on his forehead for the rest of the night.

I love this senior couple! The Hazlewoods. I will miss them. They were so wonderful to us when were chilling in Morrilton for the night.

Look who was able to come to church yesterday!!!! When I saw her I ran up and gave her a huge hug and started crying because I was so excited to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment