http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

Monday, June 23, 2014

RUSSELLVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bueno bueno!!!!!!!!!!! Como estan? I am in russellville arkansas! I came back over on the other side again :) I am loving it SO much! It has been such a good 5 days and this transfer is going to be awesome! 

So last week I did some packing up and then went to transfers on wednesday afternoon. I found out that I was headed to the other side so we hopped on the van after getting all our stuff in the back and started our 3 hour journey back to arkansas. I was in the van with sis. johnson who is now in North Little Rock where I was, elder dyorich who is now in conway, elder davis who is in monticello, and elder udall was driving. there were a few other missionaries to in the van. I had my uke and we played some songs on the way over. When we got over here, I saw sister warner and we had pretty much figured out that I was going to be with her. She was sis. petersons last companion and has been in russellville since november (this is only her second area and she has almost been out a year. crazy huh? I ran up and gave her a big hug and I knew that it was going to be a great transfer :) So pretty much all day wednesday we drove because then after transfers we had to drive all the way her to russellville (it is at the edge of the mission). The next day we did service for a member. we helped her empty a water bed ;) it was a bit nasty. but fun and the elders were there with us to help. The members here are all amazing! and love to feed us :)

So there are no english sisters up here so we teach both english and spanish. We go to both the english ward and spanish branch on sundays. So we get fed a lot because we work in both. and sister warner is loved here :) I dont know who couldnt love sister warner. Shes so cute. Sis. warner was in a zebra for the last 3 transfers (zebra means she had an english companion) and so she wasnt speaking much spanish. There are english elders up here and spanish elders up here just fyi. so we have been finding a lot of hispanics and teaching a lot of spanish. we found 14 new hispanic investigators this week. the Lord is blessing us. We are both really dedicated to increasing our spanish abilities this transfer so we have been speaking a lot of spanish with eachother, more than I have with any other companion. It is helping a lot. And pray works too let me just tell ya :) I have always prayed to be able to speak spanish but I have never put forth as much effort as I have this transfer. So prayer and effort put together is the best way to get answers to your prayers that is for sure! 

We did a Goodwill drop by too to talk to hispanics. We helped move someone out on thursday o algo asi. that was a lot of work. I also dont think I have ever held as many animals as I have this week. I held a brand new puppy (which pooped on me I might add ;)), a baby kitty, a turtle, and a teacup pig. I have a pic of it, it is super cute. 

On sunday I gave a talk in the spanish branch. It was really neat to see that I could write a talk without any help and without a dictionary in a fairly short amount of time. I had elder hernandez (native spanish speaker) correct it for me and there were only a few little errors. It made me happy and made me realize that God is blessing me and helping me learn spanish. My talk was only about 10 minutes though... there were a lot of people out of town in the branch. I wasnt even that scared to give it. I also played the piano in sacrament. 

well thats about it for this week. I love this gospel. I love the people here. I am excited to serve here and find those people here who are ready to accept this message. Love yall! 

Hermana Goudita

Jerry's snow shack in Memphis

Saying goodbye to the Torres Familia.

Lain!!!! I will miss this kid.

Some of my bestest friends! Sis. Peterson, Elder Ludwig, and Elder Jardine at transfers!

Transfer Van!

Sister Dube! She came out with me and is in Little Rock now! We went
to dinner with her and Sis. Johnson after transfers.

Emptying the water bed.

Elder Schoenfeld! After service.

Saying goodbye to Sister Hunt!


Teacup Pig!

Sidney Stokes is super cute! Her family fed us last night. She made this delicious
4th of July cake for us!

Me and my companion were twinners yesterday. We didn't plan it. Nos Igualamos!

No comments:

Post a Comment