http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

Monday, January 5, 2015

2015!!

So every time I would get freaked out about going home my cop out would be "oh I dont even go home till next year... I still have a long time!" But... I cant really say that anymore... because I go home this year! But I still have 2 more transfers so... 

Well. Last Pday we played PING PONG!!!!!! with the new set my parents gave me. It was so good to play again! I havent played in over 7 months. I need to do some brushing up so that I can defeat my dad when I get home ;) we also played nerf wars with the elders... reminded me of good ole little rock times with the elders last year. man... I cant believe that was a year ago. 

I have changed so much since then... well atleast I feel like I have... I have a better understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the scriptures. My testimony has been strengthened of my Savior and I know that it is only through Him that we can be forgiven and return to live with Him in eternal families. I am so grateful for all the things I have learned, ways I have grown, miracles I have seen, and lives that have been changed in this last year. I look forward to this next year and know there is so much in store and that this year I will learn and come even closer to my savior through His Atonement and trying to become more like Him everyday. I know I wouldnt be who I am today if it werent for the things that I have experienced on my mission and for my amazing friends and family and for my Savior Jesus Christ. 

We were finally able to stop by sis. loftins this week, a less active and we hadnt eaten dinner but like always... she offered us something to eat. She gave us the yummies apple pie and rootbeer ;) and it was like 9:10 pm when we finished and we still had to bike home. She asked if we wanted a ride home and said that she really doesnt drive at night but said "if youre not scared, I am not scared." Talk about faith in the Lord protecting us! I know he watches over us :) She wasnt even that bad of a driver ;) and we only lived just down the street. Some other things that happened this week:

1. got super tired when we went to visit a member and while my comp. and her were talking about the maps in the bible... I may have fallen asleep... I promise that has only been like the 2nd time I have fallen asleep on my mission... and atleast it wasnt an investigator this time ;)
2. practically lived at the plumbs this week. They helped us out so much! We had an awesome lesson with Ben at their house. He is so ready to be baptized. But he got sick on Sun. so he couldnt come to church and the lesson we had planned for after. His phone isnt turned on so we havent been able to get ahold of him yet and we dont have his address because we always meet him places for lessons... talk about hard to get ahold of! I dont know how missionaries used to do this whole preaching the gospel thing without phones and technology ;) 
3. Ashley Allees window broke at like 9 pm one night and she texted us saying that she had cardboard but no tape. Thank goodness for sis. hardway who picked us up with cardboard and tape and we went over there and fixed it for her... it was way too cold for them to sleep with the window wide open. turns out Luna was doing flips on the bed... people! This is what being members of the Gospel is all about. Learning to love and serve others! 
4. saw melinda! It has been over 5 months since I have seen her...
5. taught spanish institute to the members. D & C is awesome! 
6. It was sis. stevens bday yesterday!!!!!! 

Well the elders just came in and said they are leaving and we still have to do a mordida (the spanish tradition where you shove cake in her face) to sis. stevens... so I better get going. 

Love yall! 

The Maddens. This family is cool.

Happy Birthday Sis. Stevens!

Trying to do Mordida to Sis. Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment