http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

Monday, January 27, 2014

Another Great Week!! Like Usual!

Hola familia! How are y'all? So this week was pretty great :) Like usual. I am loving the mission and am doing great and eating lots of food and teaching lots of people! The weather here is crazy by the way. It gets up to like 70 one day and then back down to 30. And guess who is on bike week this week? Yep. Hermana Goudie! 

My companion was sick this last part of the week with a really bad cold so we took it a little easy these last few days. We did get a chance to go see Oscar (a 14 year old boy whose mom is a member) and we set a baptismal date with him! He is awesome and he came to church this week. I also sang at church this week with the South Hermanas. 

We did service at the Old Folks home this week and we helped out with a Tea Party. The Elders came as well and when we got there we went around to different rooms to get them out of bed and wheel them in and when Hermana Howton and I got in the party room the Elders were pouring hot water in these cute old ladies teacups and it was a pretty funny sight. The Elders then came up to us and said "Dont worry. We arent causing them to sin. It is just Herbal Tea" It was pretty fun. 

We had a few dinner appointments as well this week. Always my favorite! Especially Hermana Lopez. She is from Colombia and cooks the best food!

We had specialized training this week and it was awesome! We watched a talk by Brother Wilcox called His Grace is Sufficient. You all should look it up and read the talk! It is awesome. We learned about grace and how most people think that His grace is only sufficient after everything that we can do. But really grace is our constant energy source. Grace is sufficient to strengthen us in our weakest time. Grace changes us. It is the presence of Gods power. Also I just really liked this quote. He said, "Jesus doesnt make up the difference, Jesus makes all the difference." He compares this life to playing piano. Just like learning how to play piano no one expects you to be perfect and if you make a mistake its all right. That is the only way you are going to learn. From our mistakes. And the grace of God will be with us always. We also talked a lot about the Atonement and how it is such an amazing gift! On a mission I know that repenting daily is one of the best things. I make a lot of mistakes, yes, even as a missionary ;) And I need the Atonement every day. I know that Christ lives and that He died for us all and even if he came just to die for one person, me, you, whoever is reading this, He still wouldve done it. 

Well that is about it for this week. Love you all! The spanish is coming along slowly. Very slowly. But I just keep praying really hard and trying my best. Adios! 

Hermana Goudie

My 100 Day Package!!!

The Herreras! I love them SO much! Less active family.

Cutest little girl ever! Tiffany! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment