http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

Monday, December 30, 2013

Mi Familia!!

It was SO fun skyping y'all! I loved it :) It was the best Christmas present ever! I just want you to know that I love everyone of you so much and it was SO good to see you! I love to see that no one has changed too much in the 2 and a halfish months that I have been gone. 

Well this week was pretty fun! Skyping was definately the highlight. But besides skyping we made lots of sugar cookies last week for our investigators. We had dinner at some members, we had a two hour lesson with Luis (he is getting baptized on the 10th!) oh by the way I dont think I am getting transferred (I am so excited to stay here!) my district leader had to go home :( Hermano Alfredo fed us cow tongue (lengua de vaca) and it was actually really really good! we peeled potatoes without a potato peeler (apparently Hispanics dont like to use potato peelers and it takes FOREVER!) we went to Purple Cow which is a restaurant with Claire (a member from the English branch who came to a lesson with us) and I ate the most purple ice cream ever! and it snowed today! Just a little but still it was exciting. I didnt think that I would be excited to see snow but I definately was. I went to Five Guys today too :) 

Also, we had some pretty great lessons this week and got some new investigators. We had Luis and Lupita come to church. I also played piano in Sacrament again. It doesnt even scare me anymore like it used to at home. I dont even mind doing it! I love it :) So there is still a possibility I could get transferred (I really hope I dont) because transfers arent until Wednesday morning but usually you get a call Monday morning if you are getting transferred and we never got a call so supposedly I am staying unless something crazy comes up in the next day and a half. 

Also, I miss volleyball on New Years Eve. Our branch is having a party but it doesn't start until 8 and we have to be back in our apartment at 9... so we can go if we bring investigators... so I am not sure about that. Hma. Howton and I bought some sparkling cider at the store today so we might just set an alarm for 11:55 and wake up and have a 5 minute party and maybe bang some pots and pans and have some food and then go back to bed :)) And yes we still go out and do work on New Years Day.

Family! I just love you so much! I also just want to share my testimony with you all. Se que Dios es mi Padre Celestial y se que soy un hija de Dios. Se que El libro de Mormon es verdadero y que Jose Smith fue un profeta de Dios. Se que Dios siempre contesta mis oraciones pero necesitamos tener fe en el. Se que Jesucristo es mi Salvador y sufrio y murio por todo humano. Se que esta obra es muy importante y estoy muy animado para servir aqui en este tiempo. se que atravez el espiritu santo podemos saber todas las cosas. en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen.

note from mom:  I translated the above for those of us that don't know Spanish and this is what is says:
I know God is my Heavenly Father and I am a daughter of God. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that God always answers my prayers but we need to have faith in him. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and suffered and died for every human. And that this work is very important and I am very encouraged to serve here at this time. And that right through the Holy Spirit we can know all things. in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

As you can tell (for you Spanish speakers) my Spanish still has a long way to go but it has come pretty far. I am getting to where I can almost understand most of what people are saying. It is really hard. But I know that God is definately helping me out! 

Gracias por todo!
Les quiero!
Hermana Goudie

Our Christmas Eve with the cute decorations!

Merry Christmas Eve!!

BEST Christmas EVER!

Sometimes studying for 4 hours straight gets to you.

Purple cow and bright purple icecream! (You can't really tell in this picture).

Merry Christmas from your favorite Hermanas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment