http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Ultimó Semana en la CCM!!!!!!!!

Hola a todos!!!!!!!!!!!! Como estan? ¡Estoy muy feliz aqui y muy animado por la oportunidad a servir un mision en Arkansas! ¡Misiones son la mejor! ¡Este es me ultimó día de preparación!

Anyways back to English since most of you reading this dont speak spanish. Well some of you do ;) the cool ones at least ;) joking. es broma. So the mission life is just pretty great. I am loving every second of it. One thing I am really loving here is how much I am learning about the Book of Mormon.. It is the coolest book EVER. If you dont read it, READ IT! I love it so much and its so cool to read and really learn about all the stories and cool prophets and how I can apply todas las cosas en mi vida. Seriously though. Read it! I learn so many things about missionary work and recieve so  many answers in there cada dia. Its awesome. Reading the book of mormon just to read it and reading the book of mormon to really learn from it and study it is completely different and I wish I wouldve studied it more before I came because I seriously love it! especially in Spanish! But it takes me like 3 times as long to know what I am reading about ;) but it is a good way to study and really focus on what I am reading. 

So teaching is getting better. It is still really hard to say what I want to sometimes but I feel like my spanish is to the point where I can eventually get around to what I am wanting to say but it doesnt always come out exactly how I want it to be said ;) haha. its getting better though. I can understand it pretty well and when we are in class and teachers only speak spanish or I hear practice lessons in spanish or when i teach only in spanish I am able to understand the general gist of everything. but thats probably because they speak slow. If I start hearing a native tell a story they eventually lose me because they speak so fast. So I guess you could say that I know and can understand CCM spanish but as soon as I get out to Arkansas and talk to natives I am going to be completely lost ;)

I bought a cute watch from the tienda this week. I hate wearing watches. Its a good day if the watch lasts an hour or two but this watch is a lot smaller and I usually dont notice I am wearing it so thats good. I also bought my scripture cases today at the temple! They are awesome! One of them is a Mexico one and the other is like red with a bunch of other bright colors on it. I love them! The temple was awesome today and it is my last time :( We took lots of pictures though. I really am going to miss this place! :(

So guess who spoke in sacrament meeting this week? ME!!!!!!!!! I spoke about the book of mormon. It wasnt even that scary. Probably because there were only two districts in our branch. All of the others left and after this last week we were the last ones so we got moved and we are in a different branch for one week. pero esta bien. so when I spoke there were only like 20ish people. It was actually kinda fun :)

So you know the Scentsy lotion Kara Egan gave me before I left? I love it and its kinda strong but a really good strong. Whenever I put it on in the auditorium during devocionals everyone around me is like OH! What is that smell? It smells so good! haha ;) The Elders in my district always ask for it and they even put it on. After that like 4 or 5 rows back you can hear missionaries saying what is that yummy smell? Its the best. People now that dont even know my name call me the pumpkin lotion hermana! ;)

This Sunday we watched two movies. The stonecutter and a Christ video. I love SUNDAYS!!!!! We have so much time to study and we get to watch movies. Its just the best. Pretty sure I say that about almost everything here ;)

THANK YOU MADRE for the package!!!!!!!!!! It was perfect! Everyone in my district was jealous! I loved the chips and the cheese is awesome and I even heat it up in the microwave and then it is like real nachos. I LOVE NACHOS!!!!!! and with rootbeer they are even better. And then for dessert I eat one of the candy bars like Snickers which are my favorite and then by the end of the night ive gained like 5 pounds from eating so much of this yummy food that my awesome mother sends me!!!!!!!!!!! I have the best mom in the whole. wide. world. Sorry everyone. But Ive got you beat ;) 

The other day our sub teacher showed up like half an hour late. So what did we do? SANG HIMNOS!!!!!!!! my district loves to sing and I love that about us! We sing all the time and most of the time our harmonies are pretty awesome :) And then we did this thing where one missionary sings the verse while everyone else hums. Its great. We did that with like 3 songs switching off who sings the solo. LOVE IT!!!!!!!

For sirvicio this week guess what we did? Thats right. Folded sheets. otro vez. Its bound to happen. I am going to get famous when I get back because of my pro sheet folding skills. I love it though! Doing service is the best. While I am folding it reminds me of when I was in Annie and we would mess around in the laundry basket and then remember when I was Molly and they tossed me up in the air with that big huge blanket? I thought about having the big strong elders do that to me the other day but then I thought it probably wouldnt be missionary appropriate ;) Despues sirvicio we went out and played soccer in the rain. It was pretty great! It wasnt really rain though it was more like mist. 

Today it is freezing by the way. Winter coat and scarf in Mexico? Who knew?

Una mas cosa that was exciting that happened this week. Hermana Murri y yo commited our investigator Roberta to be...... BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a really hard investigator too so it was really exciting! We taught her about baptism and how we need to follow Christ. Towards the end of the lesson Roberta said she wanted to follow Christ and learn how to make people a priority in her life. I then asked her in my broken spanish and trying to hold back the tears (yes I often cry in lessons) if she was willing to make Christ a priority in her life. She nodded. Then I was prompted to ask if she would follow Christ by being baptized. She said YES!!!! or really Sí!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was awesome! After the lesson Hermana Coleman (Roberta) said that if we can teach Roberta we can teach anyone. And she also said that she felt prompted to tell us that she felt like Hermana Murri and I are ready to leave the CCM and teach real people and the she is really proud of us. It was awesome to hear and it was such a great experience. I just cant wait until I hear real people say those words! 

Well all is well here and I am excited to head out to Arkansas in cinco dias! AH!!!!!!!! its scary and exciting and sad at the same time. I have a mixed amount of emotions. LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!! 

Con amor, 
Hermana Goudie

Saying goodbye to our favorite hermanas in our branch!

Mi districto with our last week as 9 C. We are no 11 D for one more week.

My district with a map picture. Classic.

Our favorite nativos left his week! :( They were awesome! We learned so much from them!

Our favorite nativo (probably because she spoke ingles and could answer our questions about spanish)

Mi Pacquete!!!!! (I dont think that is how you spell that)
MY PACKAGE!!!!!!!!! :) From the best mom in the world!

One more gift from our branch presidency. Left overs from Dia de los Muertos.

Mi districto con nuestra maestra al templo hoy!

We are crazy!!

My scripture cases!

Hermana Pettit and I with matching cases. I love her! Shes from Iowa and there are 14 people in her
family. Random fact for the day. ;)

Hermana Overy and I and some Elders in my district on the way home from the temple. Our bus almost
broke down and was smoking really bad. It was scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment