http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Miracles, Almost Tornado, and Last Bike Week!

This week was SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! but for reals. If I have said that before, I really mean it about this week. So... it all started with last monday night. We went over to talk to Daniela and guess what she told us???????? she said that she has been thinking about her doubts and concerns and realized she doesnt have any so she said she wants to be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!! wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she said that ever since the very beginning the whole purpose of them getting married was so that they can get baptized so that they can go to the temple. and sis. lewis and her amazing questions was like, so if we were able to go on the 5th, would you be baptized that day with Jaime? and......... SHE SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!! I was so stoked! 

Well then came all the stress. this whole Jaime and Daniela getting baptized before I left would really be a miracle. Jaime had a dream of being baptized in the buffalo river and that is like an hour and a half out of mission boundaries. And they both said that they will get baptized on the 5th if we would be able to go to the river. So I kept telling myself, it would just be easier if we waited till after I got home because then we wouldnt have to throw all this on the members on top of their wedding thats happening the day before and we could just plan it out and hopefully be able to come back. But I am so grateful for my companion who has so much faith and kept telling me, lets just try for it. So we got the guts up and decided to call and ask president if we would be able to go to the baptism. and after a few quiet moments of him thinking, he said, "I would say... yes." sis. lewis and I were jumping up and down for joy :) haha it was one of the best moments on my mission. So its going to be amazing. Jaime and daniela are getting married this saturday (they are so dang cute btw) baptized this sunday, conference weekend, at the buffalo river, on easter, and it is my very last day in the mission. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! miracles exist. They are real. 2 nephi 27:23. They passed their interview, they both came to all of church, they met with pres. hernandez, and they are going to be strong members in the church. they know it is true. That is the best part! and Jaime will be able to baptized Elizabeth when she turns 8. I love this family so much and am going to miss them like crazy! 

some funny moments. Gotta love knocking the door and them answering, looking at our tags or the book of mormon, and saying before we can ever even get any words out "sorry girls I am not interested." Well I have had quite a few of those on my mission but the other day the lady almost decapitated her little baby Chihuahua in the door because she went to shut it so fast. it was quite sad actually. But pretty funny ;) We started teaching danielas niece who is way cool. Jamie keeps referring to the church as "nuestra iglesia-our church" so cute! 

and then came the crazy storms!!!!!!!!! We had been on thunderstorm watch all night and when it got late we were starting to see lightning in the distance. then we got a call from katie saying it was supposed to be pretty bad. well at 11:40 we got woken up by some CRAZY thunder and wind and rain and the top of our house was like shaking. So we got our mattresses and took them downstairs and grabber our helmets because it seriously sounded like a tornado and got ready to jump in the closet. well, after a few minutes it died down but it was fun to pretend. haha that was a joke. it was not fun at all. it was terrifying. the stls told sis. lewis before she was my comp that i was scared of storms and after this storm sis. lewis told me, I can see why they said that about you. Those storms are so scary. well. We were safe throughout the night sleeping downstairs on our kitchen floor and in the morning come to find out that there actually was a lot of damage done. A huge tree fell down in hna. leals front yard and crushed her truck and part of the house and there were signs that were torn through and the roof of planet fitness was taken off and the side of another building just down the street from us was ripped off too. So I guess we had a reason to be scared. But the Lord protected us :) 

Met this way cool guy at the park the other day. There are the weirdest swings at this park and I have always wanted to try them so we took our bikes in the gate and started swinging on them and then this guy walked by and we said hi and introduced our selves and he said, do you have a minute, I actually have some questions to ask you. And I was like yeah but in my head was thinking, oh no, here he comes to bible bash with us #inthesouth but he didnt at all. He legit had questions and was actually listening and wanting to learn. He is going to be the greatest sunday school teacher is what sis. lewis said. But he was bomb. and the lesson was bomb. we just sat on the bench at the park and he would bring up a concern, we would use the scriptures, teach, and testify and he was like, yeah! That makes sense. Its moments like these that I am going to miss so much. Knowing that you are in the exact place at the right time and being able to testify and feel the spirit so strongly as you are doing so that this is the only true and living church upon the earth today. I know it! And I love being able to share that with others so they can find out for themselves. 

I love this gospel. I am so grateful for my mission. It has taught me so many things. I know I had to come to the Arkansas Little Rock mission because I had people I needed to meet. My testimony has grown in so many ways and I know that Jesus is the Christ. I am so excited for conference and that we get to listen to our living prophet. All of yall better watch it okay! I promise you will learn just what you need to and have the strength to do what you need to. love yall! 

Hermana Goudie

David and samantha took us and the elders to bayou bluffs. it was beautiful!

the gang last monday!

enjoying every last minute with this tag!

last bike week! this bike has gone many miles. its been places

crazy storm. dont make fun ;)

crazy tree that got blown down in front of the leals

These swings led to meeting an awesome guy!

the smiths took us up to mount nebo today :)

its springtime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment