http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Happy Valentines!! Love ya'll! :)

Ah!!!!!!! The weeks are just going to fast!!!!!!!! It was a great week though :) We had some real neat experiences this week. Here are a few of them:

1. It was our last night of bike week and we didnt know what to do and my companion said, lets go to Conny and Emilio's house (spanish investigators) because they live close and we can just walk there. Well when we got there there was someone else there that was making decorations for her baby shower. She was due in a week. We started talking to her and come to find out she is A MEMBER!!!!!!!!! Her mom served a mission, and her parents were married in the temple, her brother served a mission, shes been to the temple to do baptisms for the dead, and she used to go to the Clarksville ward like 5 years ago with her mom. But her mom passed away and she hasnt been back since. She is going through a tough time right now and it is just so cool seeing how God leads us to the people that are ready to come back. The Spirit was SO strong in there and I really could feel the prayers of her family wanting for her to come back so badly. It is the best when you find lost members! :) As in I mean, we dont have their records. We are excited to start working with her. She just had a baby but after that she should be coming back to church with us! Right place at the right time! 

2.We have been working out real hard and eating healthy :) Got to be looking good when I come home ;) We are doing the 30 day challenge so by the end of it we will do 230 squats, 100 leg lifts, and 40 push ups. We are on day 12 and did 110 squats, 80 leg raises, and 12 push ups. We are getting there! 

3. We found another less active this week! Its moments like these that really make your week! Our car was way behind on getting an oil change when we got it from the zone leaders (so it wasnt our fault) but we took it in and they didnt have any openings right then so we made an appointment for the next day at 11 to bring it in and guess who we found sitting in there? 2 hispanics so of course we had to talk to them! One of them was named Patricia and she kept telling her friend all about what missionaries do. She knew a lot. All of a sudden the Spirit was like "This is Gloria Patricia" and I was reminded of a few months ago when we were planning for the next day and I had this Gloria Patricia written down in my planner but I didnt know who it was and I didnt remember writing it down but I told my comp. that we need to find out who this is and try this lady. So we asked the missionaries if they knew who it was and then we found her name in the roster. We got her address and had been trying to contact her ever since. Well, here she was in the Goodyear getting an oil change the same day and same time we were. I asked her if she was a member and if she was Gloria Patricia and she was like, ah you caught me! Haha it was funny and really neat how the Spirit can tell us things. She told me that she knows its not a coincidence that we were there at the same time and that she knew it was a sign from God that He was telling her that she needs to come back to church and she promised us she would :) It was real neat. Right place at the right time again :) I love when I can see that I am being an instrument in the Lords hands. 

4. We read What is the Blue Print of Christ's church this week because the last time we were with Jaime and Daniela that popped in my head and wanted to share it with them. If you havent read it, YOU NEED TO!!!!!!!! It is the best talk ever! :) It is by Tad. R. Callister. I love it. We went over and read it with them (most of it, its like 18 pages of amazing) and it was answering so many questions that they had. Afterwards Hna. Dube was explaining that when they get baptized in the church, they will become members of the church of jesus christ of latter day saints. he started getting all offensive and was like, no I already told stevens and goudie that I wont be baptized in the church. I thought we had lost him, and then I figured it out when he started talking about the dream he had about being baptized outside in a river. he was thinking that when sis. dube said in the church, she literally IN the church, like inside of it. We got that one cleared up! Haha ;) 

The rest of the week was busy getting everything ready for Tommanieshas baptism. Here are some of my favorite quotes of the week: 
1. "and the deskroying angel will pass by you"-teaching Laporsia and the fam the word of wisdom. notice the k. yes, thats how they say it! 
2. walked by a guy at Subway and he suddenly turned around real fast and stared at us and said, oh my gosh. I think I just ripped my pants. sis. dube just goes, "well we didnt notice, but now its like I really want to look!" I love  her! 
3. we were teaching Laporsias family getting Tommaniesha all ready for her baptism and in the middle of the lesson the 14 year old looks up at the cielieng and goes, "Is that Rosy?" Sis. Dube starts screaming because there was a spider coming down from the cieling right in front of her! I guess Laraneisha (the 14 year old) loves spiders, names them, and keeps them ;) I love this family!


Love yall! Happy Valentines. I am so grateful for all the love, support, and prayers. Dont forget to show lots of love this week. I will be. But dont worry, its not that kind of love. Charity-the pure love of Christ ;)


Got to drive the truck for like an hour and felt really special :) It was in our car share but it kept getting hit when the Elders had it so E. Cahoon decided to take it out of our car share and give it to the ZL's in Conway :(

went bowling with the Elders this week! I got a 93... not bad for not bowling in over 16 months ;) the elders all call this the "Goudie" face.

Our lovely little district. This district used to be  huge! There used to be 12 missionaries. Now it is down to 6 :(

Doing our language study in the car :)

SUBWAY!!!!!!!! Italian BMT is where its at. 

At Tommanieshas baptism. Eldrick wasnt there though.

I love this girl! She was so excited to be baptized :) I am grateful for all the members that helped us out too :)

this is sis. murphy. She is 95 years old! Love her :) She just kept telling us, you girls are 21 and its time to get married ;)

oh goodness... dont mind us crazies :0

 Isabel Salcedo got married :) these are all the hermanas from the branch that went

Look how beautiful this girl is on her wedding day. love her! I totally made the wedding video ;)

just being a little crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment