http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Buenas Tardes!

Mi familia :) Como estan? Estoy muy bien pero estoy un poco enfermo... I think I have allergies or something. But besides that I am good :) Today was the calls for transfers... we didnt get one so I think I am safe and am staying here one more transfer :) Elder Dyorich is leaving as well as Sister Mitchell though :( And it is Elder Robles last day today :( He is at the temple and heads home tomorrow! Crazy!!!!!!! Sometimes I feel like that day will never come but then I look back and think thats its crazy that I have almost been gone for 6 months... haha. You would think I knew Spanish by now or something pero todavia no... 

This week was good! It started off with visiting with Luis Monday night. He showed us his awesome dance skills. It was hilarious! He was like shimmying (I dont know if thats how you spell that) like crazy! we were dying laughing! On tuesday we had an awesome district meeting this week. Elder Robles told us that in order to have more success as a district we need to change. We are not going to have success if we arent willing to change for the Lord. I am so sad Elder Robles is going home. He is such a good missionary and taught me so much! 

We went to a dinner with Ben and Tom this week. They live down the street from us and when we had the ice storm they had ropes and a big truck and got all the cars unstuck so thats where we met them. We went over with the ASL sisters and had hamburgers and they were SO nice! They asked all about us and why we decided to go on missions. They are super religious themselves but seem interested in the Book of Mormon. We started talking about the zoo and how we wanted to go but didnt know how much it was and he reached in his wallet and pulled out enough money for all 4 of us to go. He is the most generous man I have ever met! So I think today at 3 we are going to go to the zoo with them!

This week we set a date with Darius! He came to church this week too!!!!!!!!! We helped an investigator move out this last week. She had a LOT of stuff. There were probably 10 missionaries there for a couple hours. As we were moving stuff out I found this dress bag that I was stuffing with clothes and pillows and one of the Elders walked by and thought there was a person in the bag. We thought it would be funny so I took the pillows out and got in the they zipped me up and carried me out through the room with all the other missionaries and into the moving truck. It was funny :) Sis. peterson got a picture but she doesnt have her camera with her right now. I will have to send it next week.

Cool story. This week we were driving down the street and there was a car that had broken down on the side of the road. Sis. Peterson said we should stop and help them! So we pulled over and went up and talked to him and he said he thinks he was out of gas but he wasnt sure. The car was really old. We asked if we could say a prayer with him and he said of course! We said the prayer and he tried to start the car twice more and it wasnt working and then he tried it a 3rd time and it worked! Prayer is real and it works! God really does answer our prayers and I know that! 

Alejandro Robles made us some yummy pizza this week :) We also made brownies with Madelyn and had a good time at their house talking about the Bible and answering her questions. We taught Whitney and Cassius this week with the Pinnacle Mountain sisters and set a date for their baptism for the 5th with Darius. They still have to come to church one more time so we are going to pray real hard! They both know it is true and Whitney even talked to someone at her work about the church and told her about her experience with praying about going to church and how she KNEW she had to go and she knew it was true. They are so cool and I hope they are able to come to church next week because they are so ready! 

We had exchanges this week. I stayed here and Sis. Miller came here. It was a bit scary because I was the only one speaking Spanish but it worked out alright. Sister Foster came out with us to a couple lessons and then Mark Ford came out with us to a few lessons as well. We went to La Perla (a mexican store) and met this cool guy there who had been taught by Elders before and said that he wanted to read in he Book of Mormon and wanted to have us stop by again. 

This week we had permission to go to Russelville (sis. Petersons last area) because there were 3 people getting baptized that she taught. We drove to Conway to try to visit some less actives and referrals and left our car at the church where we were able to get a ride from a member up to russelville. Elder Reed and Elder Dalton also were in the area and we were able to say hi to them! It was good to see them :) It is weird how Elder Reed and I are in the same mission. Elder Reed as in Brandon Reed from my high school. I played piano for the baptism and also sang a duet with Elder Meyers. And guess what??????? I tried menudo!!!!!! Cow stomach! It was interesting... I dont think I will ever eat it again. After the baptism and dinner we played soccer in Russelville with the branch. I want to get that going down here but I dont know if it would work out as well as it does up there. 

LUIS TAUGHT THE LESSON THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so exciting! He has changed SO much! He was always way scared because he says he doesnt know as much as we do but we asked if he would teach a couple days before and he said yes and he did SO awesome!!!!!!! Dora also got baptized this week, one of the Elders investigator. And the branch went to the temple this week! The robles and arroyos got sealed!!!!!!!! And alfredo got his endowments. These people are seriously amazing. I love them! 

Well that is about it for this week. Love you all! 

Hermana Goudie

Last District photo with Elder Robles, Dyorich, and Sister Mitchell :(

Our lovely cars we get to drive. :)

Saying goodbye to Elder Davis (our Zone Leaders)

Soccer Group in Russelville. So fun to see the missionaries up there and see Diana
and her parents get baptized! 
Una mas foto con los misioneros en russelville!

Shnickm it has your name on it! This is with Ben (his dad is who gave
us the money to go to the zoo) and Sis. Christianson.

More at the Zoo! (P.S. There were 4 baby tigers ar the zoo and they were adorable!)

Elder Dyorich is leaving. :(

Cleaning out the house! We found lots of cool things!

Loverlies

In the body bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment