http://mystylebackgrounds.blogspot.com/

Monday, April 21, 2014

EASTER!!

Best news about the week: WE HAVE FULL CAR!!!!!!!!!! at least until the end of the transfer. It was $1300 in the making. Thanks to the Elders. Their bikes got stolen this week (they didnt lock them up because they were only going to be in the house for a few minutes and they were right in the front yard). I felt terrible and we pulled up right after it happened and tried to hunt them down but we couldnt find them anywhere. We talked to lots of people though and gave them a mormon.org card with our number so that they can call if they find it #missionary work.

This week we went on exchanges with Sis. Training Leaders (sis. miller) to their area (english). It was good :) I always learn a lot from her. We also saw the frog that lives in their backyard in the empty pool. We played volleyball too and their was a guy there that reminded me so much of dad. He was SO into the game and was on the ground more than his feet. 

Went out with sis. foster this week. Went out to North Little Rock and saw Alina. Always a great time when we go out with Sis. Foster :) She took us to Guadalajara Taqueria and it was delicious. My first torta :) We got a little lost on the way back. We ended up in Conway and took some pics of the lake. Her gps wasnt working. Dora also went out with us and we passed out invitations to our two activities this last weekend. 

On Friday we had a church tour and we watched The Testaments at the church. It was good :) But we didnt have any investigators come though :( Next time for sure we will try even harder to get them to come. Two members came up after the movie and told me that I look like the girl from the movie (definitely a compliment to me) and that another missionary here looks like the guy. It was weird watching that in Spanish and even weirder watching a movie period. I forgot that people actually do that. Watch movies. Missionary life. Love it! 

Saturday night we wen to lunch with Sis. Hernandez and then got a snow cone at the snow cone shack that she works at. We talked to some pretty cool Hispanics there of course! Afterwards we went and found some houses with Christmas lights and mops (hispanics) and met them and prayed with them. Found some pretty cool peeps. 

We were invited to Luis nieces quincenera Saturday night. Stephanie is her name and she looked beautiful. We couldnt stay for the program though. We got some yummy food though and saw a lot of people that we have been teaching there. I had never been to a quincenera and its crazy! It is like a wedding reception. Super crazy fancy decorations. Afterwards we went to play soccer with the branch and investigators and there were TONS of people that showed up. It was awesome :) 

Yesterday was EASTER!!!!! Us spanish sisters and sis. Franklin sang for sacrament. Sis. Franklin is awesome and found come thou fount of every blessing in spanish. We practiced it with the Uke but we had a Suzuki piano teacher come and play for us for sacrament. We had dinner at the franklins (delicious fried chicken) with the fosters too last night and we had an easter egg hunt with the kids. 

I hope yall had a great Easter. I definitely missed you all so much. Holidays are hard. Just seeing all these families together makes me miss my own wonderful lovely family. But its all good :) I get to talk to you soon for Mothers day.
I know I need to be here at this time in my life and I am learning so much and loving sharing the restored gospel to the people here. I will be so sad when I have to leave this area. I have made so many friendships. But I know I will learn to love any area I go to. I am just so grateful for all the members here and their help and support with this work. 

Also, I just want to share my testimony that I know Christ lives. I know that he died for each and every one of us and that he lives today. He knows us better than anyone and we need to rely on Him and use his Atonement to be able to return back to him one day and live with our families for eternity. I love this gospel. It brings me so much joy :) 

Hermana Goudie

Look at this cure car!

Torta!

At the snow shack! :)

The cutest little girl at the quincenera.

Me and the coolest comp. at the quincenera.

Stephanie. The reason for the party!

A salt shaker!

Alfredo playing the uke.

After church on Easter.

The Lovely Carrot Cupcakes that sis. Franklin made!

P-Day!!

Our grass is growing - Sis. Petersons mom sent us some grass kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment